The original San Pasqual reservation,
approved in 1870 by President Ulysses S.
Grant, encompassed 92,000 acres and
spanned from Ramona to Mount Woodson and
Highland Valley to Lake Wohlford.
However, in 1901, many of the indigenous
people were evicted when the U.S.
Supreme Court failed to uphold Indian
land rights treaties established with
the Mexican government. In 1903, the
government purchased land and moved some
of the Kumeyaay there, but in 1910,
several reservations were expanded,
including San Pasqual's. Today,
the reservation is comprised of five
separate, noncontiguous tracts in the
rolling hills of Valley Center. The San
Pasqual Band is proud of its heritage
and history as well as the role its 297
members play in the local community.